Dr. Steven Katz is interviewed by our host, Kira Dineen, about practice management and the insight he has gained from the challenges of building his own practice.
He lectures nationally about practice building and management, which we discuss on this episode. As a full-time practicing dentist, he is fully aware of the trends and challenges that other dentists are experiencing. His published his first book in 2014, “They Didn’t Teach Us THAT In Dental School”, and he won First Place in the Speaking Consulting Network’s “Spotlight on Speaking” competition. He was also named “The Best New Speaker in dentistry at the Madow Brother’s TBSE event in 2015. Dr. Katz is a graduate of Columbia College (Business and Finance) and the Washington University School of Dental Medicine. He completed a two-year GPR at North Shore University Hospital and continues there as an attending dentist.
On This Episode We Discuss….
- Dr. Katz’s story of losing, then rebuilding his practice
- Steps dentists can take to unite their team
- Aspects of a successful initial phone call with a potential patient
- Approaches to make a patient feel comfortable on their first visit
- Increasing emotional intelligence to be attentive and sensitive to emotional effects of dental conditions
- How dentists and hygienist can save patients’ lives through oral cancer screen
Questions, comments or inquires about this episode or the podcast in general? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay updated with the show on… Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Join us for our next episode on October 1st with key opinion leader, Dr. Frank Milnar discussing cosmetic dentistry and heated composite. Look forward to new episodes on the first of every month, as we learn and discover the latest advances in dentistry.