Dr. Marc Geissberger joins host Kira Dineen to discuss dentists’ role in promoting health and wellness. As a dentist, personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist, Dr. Geissberger brings a unique perspective to the subjects of caries, diet and the oral environment.
He earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery at the University of the Pacific’s School of Dentistry. Dr. Geissberger also earned a Master’s of Arts in Educational Psychology from the University of the Pacific School of Education. He splits his time between his private practice and educating dentists. He is an Adjunct Clinical Professor in the Department of Preventive and Restorative Dentistry and served as the Chair of the Department of Integrated Reconstructive Dental Sciences at the University of the Pacific, School of Dentistry for 15 years.
He has won several teaching awards and completed a fellowship with the American Dental Education Association’s Leadership Institute. He has served as the President, President-Elect and Vice President of both the Supreme Chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon and University of the Pacific’s Alumni Association.
Dr. Geissberger teaches several continuing education courses for fellow practitioners. He has presented 350 lectures and hands-on workshops to colleagues in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China, Peru and Taiwan. He has co-authored and published numerous scientific papers and a textbook entitled Esthetic Dentistry in Clinical Practice for Wiley-Blackwell.
On This Episode We Discuss….
- Difference between a balanced oral environment and one susceptible to disease
- Warning signs of an imbalanced oral cavity
- Groups that are at higher risk for an imbalanced oral cavity
- Conditions commonly found in an acidic oral environment
- Methods dentists can use to help patients achieve oral balance and prevent disease progression
- Features of a successful caries eradication program and how to implement
- Recommended materials for restoring denitions affected these dental conditions
- Specific strategies for patients to alter these conditions
Join us for our next episode on December 1st with key opinion leader, Dr. Mark Kleive discussing practice building and patients first approach. Look forward to new episodes on the first of every month, as we learn and discover the latest advances in dentistry.