The Microlux DL is an accessory light guide to the Microlux. This light guide is used with 1% acetic acid.
• To be used in conjunction with a traditional visual and tactile examination. The exam is performed by a dentist or health care provider to increase discovery of abnormal lesions found on the soft tissues of the oral environment.
• Have patient rinse with 1% acetic acid, and proceed to exam oral cavity with Microlux DL.
• Autoclavable Diffused light guide
• High output L.E.D
• Battery Operated
• Portable and easy to use
• Protective Sleeves available
• Acetic Acid Rinse are available in 6, 12 & 24 packs
• Helps to visualize abnormal tissue conditions
• Helps to identify oral mucosal abnormalities
“The Microlux is one of the most important illumination devices available to enhance viewing of dental tissues. I use the Microlux on every patient in which I have to evaluate tissue, including, initial exams, hygiene exams, emergencies, and clinical procedures. When used in its designed transillumination mode, many defects in teeth, which cannot be detected by direct illumination or with radiographs, can be visually identified. Using dental magnification and the Microlux in direct illumination, health and diseased tissues, dental defects, deposits, can more clearly be visualized. Evaluating restorations, both during preparation and placement and existing restorations is enhanced using direct illumination with the Microlux. I feel the Microlux is an integral devise to evaluate dental tissue and should be used routinely in patient care.”
– James R. Dunn, DDS, Auburn, CA